The New West Cultural Crawl is seeking Venue Captains to be greeters at venues, track attendance, and support exhibiting artists throughout the weekend. As the public face and representative of the New West Cultural Crawl, Venue Captains are an important part of the Arts Council’s grass-roots marketing and outreach efforts with the local community. This is an excellent position for someone who is enthusiastic about the arts and wants to develop their public relations skills.
You will be expected to attend an online volunteer orientation session and are invited to attend any venues outside of your shift(s).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Greeting attendees at the front entrance of your assigned venue and ensuring guests are maintaining a 2 metre distance.
- Informing guest on COVID-19 procedures and practices
- Tracking attendance during your shift and reporting it back to the ACNW.
- Supporting exhibiting artists at their venues during your shift.
- Promoting the NW Cultural Crawl in a professional and courteous way; making friendly connections with attendees.
Oct 17 – Saturday 11:00am to 3:00pm or 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Oct 18- Sunday 11:00am to 3:00pm or 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Knowledge and Experience
– Keen interest/background in the arts and community relations
– Previous experience greeting/hosting with event production
– Excellent communication skills in English
– Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills; professional and courteous
– Self-motivated; ability to work independently; comfortable engaging with the public
– Valuable contribution to/engagement with the New Westminster Arts community
– Invitation to the New West Cultural Crawl post-event appreciation potluck
To volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, please call the Gallery at 604-525-3244.