The New West Cultural Crawl is seeking Venue Captains to be greeters at venues, track attendance, and support exhibiting artists throughout the weekend. As the public face and representative of the New West Cultural Crawl, Venue Captains are an important part of the Arts Council’s grass-roots marketing and outreach efforts with the local community. This is an excellent position for someone who is enthusiastic about the arts and wants to develop their public relations skills.
You will be expected to attend a volunteer orientation session and are invited to attend any venues outside of your shift(s) and are enthusiastically welcome and encouraged to attend all special events surrounding the festival.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Greeting attendees at the front entrance of your assigned venue.
- Tracking attendance during your shift and reporting it back to the ACNW.
- Supporting exhibiting artists at their venues during your shift.
- Promoting the NW Cultural Crawl in a professional and courteous way; making friendly connections with attendees.
Shifts Available: Aug 10 – Friday 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Aug 11 – Saturday 11:00am to 3:00pm or 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Aug 12 – Sunday 11:00am to 3:00pm or 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Knowledge and Experience
– Keen interest/background in the arts and community relations
– Previous experience greeting/hosting with event production
– Excellent communication skills in English
– Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills; professional and courteous
– Self-motivated; ability to work independently; comfortable engaging with the public
– Valuable contribution to/engagement with the New Westminster Arts community
– Invitation to the New West Cultural Crawl debrief potluck
To volunteer, please emai email@example.com. For more information, please call the Gallery at 604-525-3244.